2011年7月23日土曜日

JiaoQing, YuanLin and ErXi @ Sunshine Nursery, CRBGPB

Today I went to the Sunshine Nursery
to clean YaYa's enclosure and take
care of the 2010 born cubs.
In the morning we had heavy rain at the
Chengdu Panda Base, and all the cubs were
more active than ever! I think the cubs love
rainy and stormy weathers.
The five cubs, JiaoQing, YuanLin, YuanZhou,
ZhenHao and YaYun were running and rolling
around all morning. It was so dark and the
rain was too heavy, and I couldn't take
any pictures.

In the afternoon, as soon as I arrived
JiaoQing came running towards me
with a warm welcome.
"Hi, Yumi, I have become one year old
on July 15. I'm growing so big and
I'm strong!"




















JiaoQing came to bite my keeper boots.
He had been with YaYa everytime I go to
see him, and it had been a while since we last
spent some time together.














He loves our keeper boots.
But he sometimes bites my knees too, but he
looks in my eyes to make sure he's not hurting me.














This is YuanLin.
He was on a tree taking a nap.




















He came down to see me.
His favorite tree is hard to climb because
it is covered with bamboo on the bottom
part. Only three cubs can climb this tree
and they are so proud of themselves.




















He slowly approached the pond.




















He sat there for a while to think what
he should do next.














He suddenly became active,
and came for my boots.
I wish I was as attactive as my boots...




















He pretended to eat some leaves
that are not bamboo.




















He walked along the walls for a while.




















"I'm good at walking around.
I'm fit!"




















Boots again.


































The way he looked up at me was cute.






















































He ran and rolled around for a while,
which made him so dirty!!! He had
mud all over his face.














Whenever I am at the Sunshine Nursery,
some cubs are high above on trees
sleeping, but some are really active.
JiaoQing, YuanLin and YaYun
are the really active ones, and they seem
to be awake most of the times.
When they are tired of playing
they climb their favorite tree to take a nap.
Cubs never sleep on the ground,
and this is to protect themselves from enemies.




















"HAHAHA, I'm dirty all over
but cute, aren't I?"




















YaYa was in her inside enclosure
in the afternoon.














Today she was taking care of ErXi.
The cubs take turns everyday to spend time
with YaYa.














YaYa is nearly 21 years old and takes care of seven 2010 born
cubs. She barely has her own time, but whenever
she is with the cubs, she takes great care of them.
She's such a wonderful mother.














ErXi had lots of energy left, and he tried to
force YaYa to wake up and play with him.
It's nice to see YaYa taking care of ErXi
as if ErXi was her own son.
"Lets play together! Or you can breast feed me!"















Tomorrow I will be at the Sunshine Nursery again.

Pambassador Yumiko Kajiwara