2011年7月30日土曜日

ErXi @ Sunshine Nursery, CRBGPB

It has been raining a lot in Chengdu
for the past few days. Finally
this morning it was cloudy but the
perfect weather for Pandas!

I went to the Sunshine Nursery to
take care of the 2010 born cubs.
ErXi was on top of a tree as usual
looking down on me from high above.
"Hellooo Yumi, would you like me to
come down for you?"



















ErXi did his Chinese acrobatics on the branch.













Sometimes he looked at me to make sure
if I was paying attention to his cute behavior.






































All the 2010 born cubs have grown
so big in the past few weeks, and it
is getting hard for me to hold them
or keep them close to me.



















ErXi took his time to show off his
wonderful performance to the audience.



















When Pandas come down from trees,
they keep their heads up because their
head is very heavy. They can't climb
down heads first.































































































As soon as ErXi came down
from his tree, I fed him with his favorite apple.



















He looked so happy with his apple.



















He even closed his eyes to enjoy the taste.






































ErXi on the left and JiaoQing on the right.
They were both born in July last year.













ErXi reached out for some branch
he found when he was walking around.



















ErXi and JiaoQing played together
for a long time.



















I found one more apple that some other
cub left on the ground and gave it to
ErXi. Again he showed off his apples to me.



















Now ErXi looks more and more like his
father ShuHin (QiuBang). He's the
easiest one to recognize among all
seven of the 2010 born cubs.



















ErXi was very active and playful this morning,
ran around, ate a lot and climbed trees
many times. He sometimes held on to thin branches,
broke it and nearly fell down a couple of times.
Pandas are so flexible, and even if they
fall off from trees, usually they're not hurt.







































We took a picture together.













I will be away from Chengdu from 31 July to 10 August.
I will start my blog posts again when I am back in Chengdu.

Pambassador Yumiko Kajiwara