2010年9月27日月曜日

“Pambassador” Day 5 in Chengdu

Hi everyone!
Today,  we went out to have some cultural exchange
and interaction with the local people in Chengdu!
No Pandas today, just meeting the local citezens.

First thing in the morning, I got out of bed without enough sleep as usual,
but then realized that I couldn’t open my eyes!
I got stung by a mosquito or whatever during my sleep,
and it hurt so much! So, we went to the hospital to have some cure.
(I took that as a chance to promote this project to the doctors and nurses though!!)

On the way, we found local ladies dancing with their fans,
and we decided to promote “Project Panda” to them.
I danced with them and had my T shirt signed all over!
They were friendly, and wished me luck and the success of this project.
Some of them even told me that they have visited Japan many times,
and that they love Japan!
Dancing with the local BEAUTIFUL women (and some men)

























Then we had lunch over at my host families place.
Grandma made us some Chinese dumplings,
and it’s always nice to have local food, she is a great cook!!












Grandma's handmade dumplings












In the afternoon, we went to the kid’s school to promote the project,
and they seemed excited about all the “Panda thing” going on.
I did a short introduction about why I am here,
of course “TO SAVE THE PANDAS!” and spoke a little bit of Chinese.
My host mother translated my Japanese to Chinese.
The kids were awesome, they really love Pandas,
and were so excited about this project.


















Then we went to visit my host dad’s lab,
where he works on research for the conservation of nature (plants and animals).
And today  was my host dad’s Birthday today,
and we had a party with the family with Chinese Birthday cakes.
Picture of my host family's dog. SOOOOO CUTE!!


















I had  dinner with my host family at a wonderful seafood restaurant.
Oh by the way, they're not fighting, they're dancing!












So, today was promoting day.
Tomorrow we will be back at the Chengdu Panda Base
after 2 days without meeting Pandas, and I am so looking forward to it!

See you tomorrow!

And just one thing.

The Japanese media "Fuji TV" came all the way from Japan,
and they are following us from tomorrow to shoot videos of us
working with Pandas. I will let you know when it will go on air.
With my face like a phantom. Really my eyes are just like monsters!!
Don't miss it!

Pambassador Yumiko Kajiwara