2010年11月21日日曜日

Vacation @ Chengdu Panda Base-9

Hello everyone!

Today I went to the Moonlight Nursary,
the furthest enclosures from the entrance
at the Chengdu Panda Base.
During the one month training period,
I did not have the time to visit them so much
since it is a 20 minutes walking distance from number 14 Enclosure
where I was taking care of  幸浜(XingBang) and 秋浜(QiuBang).
Among all the beautiful and amazing Pandas
that live here, today I would like to introduce
all the"梅梅" -MeiMei related Pandas at the Moonlight Enclosure.

梅梅(MeiMei) had given birth to 2 female Pandas
before she came to "Adventure World" in Shirahama Japan.
Their names are 奇珍(QiZhen) and 奇縁(QiYuan), and
they are real elder sisters of 良浜(LiangBang) in Adventure World.
The twins, 奇珍(QiZhen) and 奇縁(QiYuan) gave birth to
11 Pandas all together, and currently 6 of them live happily in
Chengdu Panda Base.

This is 蜀蘭(ShuLan), 梅梅(MeiMei)'s twin sister!
She is 16 years old, but looks so young,
and has the round cute face that reminds us of
梅梅(MeiMei). In the morning she came to say "Hi"
to the Japanese Pambassador.
She was shy at first,
coming out from behind the walls.


















In the afternoon when I went there to give her some
Panda Cakes, she was eating bamboo leaves quietly.
As soon as I called her name and showed her
the Panda Cake, she ran towards me and did some
afternoon exersize.
Ummm, great to have an exersize after lunch!












"Panda Cakes are my favorite!!!
I still have some bamboo leaves on my chest
that I was eating before you came with the Panda Cake"


















This is 思縁(SiYuan), one of 梅梅(MeiMei)'s grand child.
She is 6 years old, and is wearing white fluffy gloves
on both her hands. Can you see?












And she likes to sit around the pond.
Well actually, today she was sitting on the rim of the pond.
Sometimes at summer time she puts her hands in the water
and take a nap and it looks like she's washing her hands.
Is that why her hands are white?












The way she eats Panda Cakes is like a princess!
Or maybe not?


















And she also did the afternoon exersize.












五一(WuYi) on the left, and his girlfriend YaZai.
五一(WuYi) is one of MeiMei's grandchild too.
When he was born, he weighed only 51g,
and that is why his name is WuYi-which means 51 in Chinese.
And now he is so proud that he weighs 104kg!
Grabs the bamboo leaves as much as he can, and
takes a big bite! Pambassador David was taking care
of WuYi during his training period.












Panda Cakes in the afternoon.
I took a movie that I would like to upload when I go back to
Tokyo. 五一(WuYi)'s "Panda Cake Dance" is adorable.
Pambassador David was always showing us all
how 五一(WuYi) does the dance, I would like to upload that
movie too, if I can get the permission from David!












After the Panda Cake, they started to eat bamboo together.
Sometimes they seem so close! 五一(WuYi) on the left and
YaZai on the right.












歓歓(HuanHuan) taking a nap beside the pond.
She is also one of 梅梅(MeiMei)'s grandchild,
and is 2 years old.












歓歓(HuanHuan) trying to eat some leaves on the brick wall.
It's interesting to see Pandas trying to eat something apart from
bamboo. Sometimes I see them eating tree branch,
and the keepers tell me that "THEY ARE HUNGRY"
Maybe the Wild Pandas do the same thing...












HuanHuan striking a pose.
"Do I look like a supermodel?"


















This one looks just like human!!
She seems to understand that I wanted to take
pictures! And she's so good at it!
I wish I had half her talent.


















Pambassador Yumiko Kajiwara