2010年11月11日木曜日

Vacation @ Chengdu Panda Base-3

Today I went to the Chengdu Panda Base as usual.
At the number 2 enclosure, the keepers were
giving the Pandas their afternoon snacks.
...with lots of medicines!
They put all the medicine inside apples and
Panda Cakes!













It's interesting that all the medicines
are infact for human, and children.
Most of the medicine is to help the Panda's
digestion.The Pandas in number 2 enclosure
take these medicines every day, where as
my Pandas, 幸浜 and 秋浜 are healthy and
therefor do not need these medicines.













雄浜(Xiong Bang) enjoying his apples.
The keeper gave him apples and Panda Cakes,
but he told me that everyday 雄浜 starts
with apples.



















"Haha, I love apples!!"



















He only eats Panda Cakeswhen he is REALLY hungry!
Today he was REALLY hungry,
so he reached out for the Panda Cakes.
But compared to 幸浜(Xing Bang)
and 秋浜(Qiu Bang),
he takes so much time eating them...
My Pandas eat Panda Cakes in seconds!
Maybe that is why he weighs only 117kg.




















And he's so cute, he has something
on his forehead...He must have had
a good time in his outside playground.



















All the crumbs are on his tummy!
And of course he licked them all.



















And then went to bed.
"I'm full and satisfied."













隆浜(Long Bang) enjoing his apples.
He eats only a little...













"Apples are my favorite!"













隆浜 doesn't like Panda Cakes,
so this is how the keeper feeds him
everyday...The keeper told me that
he is always doing a "special service"
for 隆浜.This is the only way he eats them.













The keeper cuts the Panda Cakes into
small pieces, and put honey on them.
Extra work, but the keeper was
smiling all the time!! He loves Pandas,
and is taking care of them with passion.
That is why I like this keeper!
(His name is 黄星, Huang Xing, and I have
mentioned him in my previous blogs a couple of times)
He even speaks English, which helps a lot!!













After visiting the number 2 enclosure, I went to
the 2 year old cub's enclosure.
The keeper Mr. Tang let me feed the
4 cute Pandas with apples and Panda Cakes.
The tourists enjoyed taking pictures
of the 4 young cubs fighting for snacks!
By the way, they were the Pandas that
Pambassador CiCi from China was taking care of.
This is YuanZi climbing his favorite tree.



















"I'm reaching the top of the world!"



















"Almost there!"



















"HaHa, see, I can do anything!"



















"Now I'm going to bed."
This is his favorite spot,
and even at night he is
on top of this tree.



















The others, ShuangQing, ShuYuan and YaLing
eating bamboo together. They are so close
and have a good relationship.













By the way, I was introduced in the
Wall Street Journal (Website) yesterday,
and I will share the link in my next blog.
See you!

Pambassador Yumiko Kajiwara