2010年10月25日月曜日

Day off @ Chengdu Panda Base

Hello everyone!
Today was a day off, but I went to the Chengdu Panda Base
as usual. 幸浜 was playiing with trees near from
秋浜's enclosure. He was busy breaking all the trees.
I took this picture from 秋浜's outside playground.












After cleaning 秋浜's outside playground,
we went to 幸浜's enclosure to
feed him bamboo.


















These are the trees 幸浜 had broken this morning.
Lots of work to do, but still fun to see his active behaviour.












And now all the feces are green. Nice smell!!
It's because all the adult Pandas eat bamboo leaves in this season.
The small amount of bamboo shoots left in this season
all goes to the small cubs and
mother Pandas that are nursing their babies.












幸浜 comes to say Hi as usual, with his cute expression!












Eating bamboo leaves in his outdoor playground.












Punching it, pretending they were his enemies.












I love watching 幸浜 eating bamboo leaves.
He grabs the whole bunch of bamboo, and
carefully chooses the best leaves on the branch.
Then holds the bamboo leaves with his hands,
and eat as much as he can in one bite.












"But there are too many tourists today!
I can't concentrate eating!!!"












"So I might as well smile"












This is 秋浜eating bamboo leaves on his platform.
I took this picture from 幸浜's outside playground.












Tomorrow, we are going to
Long Xi- Hongkou National Natural Reserve
where it is said that wild Pandas survive,
and will camp in the woods for 4 days
where there are no showers of toilets.
I will be back in Chengdu on Friday night.
NO internet , NO cell phone, so I will update
my blog in the next weekends.

Pambassador Yumiko Kajiwara