2010年10月10日日曜日

Day 2 @Chengdu panda Base as Pambassador

Hi everyone!
Finally the IT team has solved my internet and PC problem,
and hopefully I will be able to update my blogs everyday with lots of pictures!

Today was our second day as "Pambassador" at the Chengdu Panda Base.
I am taking care of one of the Pandas from Japan,幸浜 born between his father
永明 and his mother梅梅. He is 5 years old, and had just arrived at Chengdu this March!

He came by to say Hi.














First I cleaned his enclosure, and collected all the feces to be weighed.
It was 26kg, and he seemed to have eaten lots of bamboo shoot and bamboo.
He seemed very healthy today.












Carrying out the left over bamboo shoot.
SOOOO heavy, and the keeper does it every day in the morning!












We called him to feed him his favorite apples












幸浜reaching out for the apples.
"I want this so badly!!!"


















Rolling over to show he's satisfied












Looking at me as I called his name in Japanese


















And started to sleep at his favorite spot












I will be taking care of him for 2 weeks, and will update
my blog as much as I can!!
Please view my youtube account yumikaji for more movies.

Pambassador Yumiko Kajiwara