2010年10月8日金曜日

"Bird Watching" at Chengdu Panda Base??

Today I'm updating my blog in English for the ones that have already left Chengdu. I hope you are having a good time back in your hometown, with the "not spicy" and
"not oily" food that you needed so much!! Miss you guys!

Today after lunch we went to the Chengdu Panda Base for "Bird Watching".
The WWF had made all the arrangements.
But instead of the birds, we enjoyed watching the Red Pandas!!












I had known that there were Red Pandas at the Chengdu Panda Base,
but up until today I did not have the chance to see them. They were also
eating bamboo shoot, and were running around the whole enclosure.
Beautiful Colour and so cute!!

And we saw a huge beehive. This is a picture I took through
a telescope. Is this the right word? or maybe not?













We left the Base at around 4pm, and headed for down town to have dinner.
Today we had COLD POT.
Local restaurant, which was quite interesting!!
























And we bought some local candies, which tasted like sweet potatos.


















Tomorrow we are going to the Chengdu Panda Base,
and will start on our mission. We should be meeting lots of Pandas,
so I will update my blog in English as much as I can.
However, the IT team has not solved out the problem
with our internet. I hope they can do something soon
so that I can upload lots of pictures!

Keep in touch!

Pambassador Yumiko Kajiwara