2011年6月24日金曜日

ShuHin (QiuBang), JingJing and 2010 born cubs @ Sunshine Nursery, CRBGPB

Hello everyone!

Today I went to the Sunshine nursery to take care of
JingJing and 2010 born cubs.
This is JingJing's den with lots of trees that she could climb
and a pond where she sometimes plays with water.












It was the first time for me to clean JingJing's den,
and so it was hard for me to find her feces at first.
It seems that she likes her tunnel and I was happy to
find her feces after walking around for a while.












This is her favorite tunnel.












These are all the left overs from JingJing.
Carrying out the leftover bamboo and bamboo shoot is also
hard work.






























This is how JingJing's inside enclosure looks like after cleaning
everything out. I wish someone did the same for my room too!
























This is ZhenQiao in the morning.
The keepers told me that she had some injection recently
to prevent some disease, and she is not allowed to go outside
with her friends for a few days. She needs to stay inside and
stay quiet.
By the way, ZhenQiao was the first cub I held in my arms
last year when she was still a baby. She is now 20kg.
It is amazing how fast the cubs are growing!












She strikes a pose in front of me.


















This is ErXi in the morning.
He is the first child of ShuHin (QiuBang).
He was on his favorite tree as usual,
looking down on me from above.


















Now he weighs 23kg, which means he has grown
more than 5kg since last month!


















We had to call all the cubs to their inside enclosure
 at around 10 in the morning. It is too hot in Chengdu,
and pandas are not used to the hot weather.


















This is ZhenHao, ZhenQiao's twin brother.
He's very active and shows off that he could
climb higher. He is 22kg, heavier than his
twin sister ZhenQiao.


















This is JiaoQing, the first cub born in 2010 at the
Chengdu Panda Base. He has a flat face which makes
it easier for me to recognize him.












And for the Japanese Panda lovers, here is a picture
of ShuHin (QiuBang) from Adventure World in Japan.
Last month I did not have the chance to get close to him,
and I was happy to meet him again!
He came up to say hi to me as usual as I called out his name
in Japanese.












"HELLOOOO"


















Today, ShuHin (QiuBang) was being moved to another
enclosure, and the keepers were trying to get him
inside the cage, attracting him with his favorite food.
We cut apples and Panda cakes into small pieces so that
ShuHin would come inside.












But as you can see, ShuHin is a very clever boy.
He knows that he is moving today, and doesn't want
to go inside the cage. He sticks out his hind legs
so that he could have all his favorite food without going
inside the cage.  He is losing his winter fur on his legs.
This is normal for Pandas here. His legs look brownish
and it will continue on like this until he loses all his winter fur.












Finally, we made him go inside the cage after struggeling
for more than an hour. It's time to say goodbye to
Sunshine Nursery.












The keepers, Mr. Yang and Mr. Shi carries the heavy
cage.












ShuHin is over 124kg, and the keepers have to
carry the cage in order to put it on the car.
The keepers need to have lots of strength to do this.












"Do I really have to leave Sunshine Nursery?
I love this place because I like JingJing next doors
very much!"












We arrived at the quarantine, ShuHin's new enclosure.
He will stay here for a few days until other Pandas
will be moved to each enclosures.
























ShuHin started to play with water soon after he
arrived at his new enclosure.












Tomorrow I will take care of the 2009 born cubs
at the Young Cub's enclosure.

Pambassador Yumiko Kajiwara