2011年6月20日月曜日

First day at the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding

Hello everyone!

Today was my first day at Chengdu Panda Base.
Last night I took the ANA first direct flight from Tokyo Narita to Chengdu.
It is a 5 hour and a half direct flight from Tokyo to Chengdu
which makes it easier for me to come back more often.

This is RyuHin (LongBang) trying to find food from his huge bucket.












He was peeking inside to see if there was any food for him today.












Unfortunately, he only found a few bamboo shoots...
"AHHH, I'm so hungry, I wonder what the keeper is doing today??"












Then he started to walk around to see if he can find food somewhere else.












This is JiaoQing taking a nap on a tree at the Sunshine Nursery.
He is the friendly guy who has the flat face.
Very easy to recognize him.
I wonder how heavy he is after a month since I left Chengdu last time.












These are the four 2009 born cubs at the Young Cubs Enclosure.
QiQi, ZhiZhi, YaLi (DaDa) and WenLi (XiaoXiao)












QiQi taking a big bite.
Lots of left overs on her tummy.


















QiQi has small ears and small eyepatches
which makes her so special.


















This is ZhiZhi taking a nap in the afternoon.
She has lots of black spots around her face.
She is the one that came really hard on me
last year when I went inside to take care of
her. She's very active and eats a lot.


















This is SiYuan at the No. 2 Enclosure.
She has white fluffy fur on both her hands
which looks like white gloves.


















This is MeiLan at the No. 2 Enclosure.
Sorry to the American MeiLan fans,
I stayed there to see if she wakes up so that I can take
better pictures, but she had been staying at the same
spot for the whole afternoon.
I'll see if I can see her awake tomorrow.












One of the good things I found out today was that the
bus inside the Panda Base can take us up to the Moonlight Nursery.
Now we won't have to walk up for 20 minutes just to get there!
I hope there will be more visitors that could go to see
WuYi, YaZai and other cute Pandas at the Moonlight Nursery.
Chengdu Panda Base is working hard to improve
good service to the visitors, and they are also making
boards to show the names and details of each Pandas.
I am happy to tell you that I am giving them help with the details
of each pandas and of course I'm doing the translation into Japanese as well!

My activities at the Panda Base starts from June 22.

Pambassador Yumiko Kajiwara