2011年5月2日月曜日

Sunshine Nursery and KouHin(XingBang)@CRBGPB

Today the weather was just like yesterday,
raining in the morning, and clowdy in the afternoon.

This morning, I took care of the 2010 born cubs
at the Sunshine Nursery again.

Today I was hoping that I could have close contact
with ErXi, but unfortunately he has grown and
remembers that last year I kept following him
all afternoon. He is clever enough to
stay away from me! Just as the keepers opened the
door to the outside playground, ErXi ran out and
started to climb to the top of the tree.

This is Jiao Qing. He is a friendly little boy,
and follows me wherever I go. One of the keeper
taught me Pandanese (Panda language) today.
When the Panda cubs bites us or comes hard on us,
(we must not forget that Pandas are wild animals)
if we cry out just like the cubs, they will notice that
they are hurting us and will let go. What a happy
experience, to be able to communicate in Pandanese!
I tried it a couple of times, and it worked.












These are two cubs fighting over me.



































This is my favorite ErXi, the child of
ShuHin (QiuBang). He is so heavy now,
and I had to be careful not to drop him!


















These are also ErXi.
He loves climbing trees, and hardly
stays on the ground.


















"HAHA, Yumi I know you. Once you
get hold of me, you never let me go,
so I'm never going close to you.
I need lots of sleep"

























These pictures are JiaoQing.
All the other cubs were tired and started to take a nap,
and although JiaoQing was also tired, he made up his mind
that he wants to play with me.























JiaoQing has a cute flat face.


















In the afternoon, I went to take care of KouHin (XingBang).
He is my favorite Panda born in Shirahama, Japan,
and I took care of him for almost 3 months during the
Project Panda last year. He is a bilingual Panda, and
understands Japanese and Chinese.












"Yummy, this Panda cake is so tasty!!!"
He takes his time to finish the Panda Cakes,
which is quite different from last year.
Last year when I took care of him, he finished
his favorite Panda cakes in seconds.






















"What? You have some apples too??"


















"I prefer apples when the weather is warm like today"


















"Oh no, I finished my apples..."












"I'll have to come back to my Panda cakes"


Today we weighed him, and he was 117.8kg.
He looks much bigger than last year, but it seems that
his weight has not changed much since last year.












KouHin (XingBang)'s wonderful keeper,
Li Han trains KouHin.
Li Han takes care of most of the Pandas at
Chengdu Panda Base, and he is a superman.
He's so kind that he even takes care of me!














I also tried to make him stand up.
We try as much as we can to make the
Pandas stand up so that they can be
fit and ready for natural mating.


















"Thanks for the snacks, I'm tired today, so see you soon!"
























Tomorrow I will go to the Young cub's enclosure
to take care of QiQi, ZhiZhi, WenLi (DaDa) and YaLi(XiaoXiao).

Pambassador Yumiko Kajiwara