2010年12月9日木曜日

Vacation @ Chengdu Panda Base-20

Hello everyone!

Today, I went to the Sunshine Nursary
to take care of the 7 new born babies!
Dr. Zhang Zhihe, director of the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding
kindly gave me the permission to go inside and take pictures.

This is 二喜(ErXi), born 2010 July 26.
Today I will only upload pictures of 二喜(ErXi).
Would you like to know why?
It's because 秋浜(QiuBang) is the father!!!!
Isn't this great news?二喜(ErXi) is 秋浜(QiuBang)'s
first baby!! Congratulations 秋浜(QiuBang)!












二喜(ErXi) looks into my camera lense because he is curious
about everything he sees. 




































I was following him all afternoon. And although the
babies have grown so big in the past few weeks,
they are still babies. They need to sleep a lot, especially
when it is a warm and nice weather like today.












When he sleeps, he snores and mumbles and talks.
I will upload movies when I go back to Japan.












After taking a short nap, he starts to move around
climbing tree trunks and walking around. His eyes are
sparkling, and he is very strong and active!!


















He tries to stand up.
But whenever he lets go of the tree trunk,
he falls down, bumping his head on the
ground.


















"Do I have resemblance to my dad 秋浜(QiuBang)?"


















二喜(ErXi) bumps into my camera lense
several times! He likes playing with me.


















I was so happy to hold him!
But he is so strong, he bites me and smacks me and
scratches me just like the one year old cubs!
I hope he wouldn't be too strong the next time
I come back to the Panda Base...












7 babies and me together in one picture.
二喜(ErXi) rips off my mask and talks to me in
Pandanese.












二喜(ErXi) is more than 10kg now!!
Quite heavy, but warm and fluffy.


















And now I would like to introduce you
二喜(ErXi)'s father 秋浜(QiuBang).
He came to say Hi to me today with a pretty smile on his face.
He is still like a baby, and I still can't believe
that he is a father!


















Tomorrow will be my last day at the Panda Base.
I will miss the Pandas so much!

Pambassador Yumiko Kajiwara