2010年12月3日金曜日

A day @ 碧峰峡(BeiFengSha) Panda Base

Hello everyone!
Today, I went to 雅安(Ya'an) 碧峰峡(BiFengSha) Panda Base.

This is 比力(BiLi), born Aug 16 2005.
He's the one that is coming to Tokyo next year!!
Handsome boy, with a long nose.













比力(BiLi), sitting on his bamboo bed eating.
It was interesting to see that the Panda Cakes
they eat have different shape and color with the
ones we see at the Chengdu Panda Base.
The Pandas here also eat carrots.




































We took a picture together.













This is 仙女(XianNu), born Jul 3 2005,
and she is also coming to Tokyo next year, with BiLi.













The keeper let me feed her bamboo!!
She acted like a cat when I put bamboo in front of her face.
Cute round face!






















































仙女(XianNu) grabbing bamboo as much as she can.


















This is 霊霊(LingLing), born Aug 25 1995.
He looks like a grandpa, and different
from other pandas I had seen.
He is 比力(BiLi)'s father!


















Itchy!!


















Sleepy in the afternoon...
We can see he has lost some of his teeth
because of his age.




































This is 福宝(FuBao), and sorry, I don't have
detail information on him yet. Please give me
some time, and I will add info as soon as I know.
He was one of the most active Pandas that
I had ever seen in my life!! Running around his
huge outside playground, climbing trees, and trying
to escape from the high walls. I have a movie of him
and I will upload it when I go back to Japan.
He is adorable!!





















































































福宝(FuBao) came so close!! I thought he could reach us!













福宝(FuBao) climbing on a tree.


















This is 美生(MeiSheng) back from San Diego Zoological Garden.
Born Aug 19 2003. He was eating a thick bamboo stem, making
a nice crunchy sound.













On the right with fluffy white feet is 福龍(FuLong) and Wujie on the left.
They are both 3 years old, and 福龍(FuLong) is back from
Schoenbrunner Tiergarten in Vienna, Austria.













福龍(FuLong) asking WuJie to play with him.













And this is 泰山(TaiShan) born Jul 9 2005.
He came to 碧峰峡(BiFengSha) from Washington DC, USA
this February.


















He came over to say "Hi" to us.


















But then turned his back and started to
eat bamboo.



















泰山(TaiShan) in the front and 福龍(FuLong)
in the back climbing a tree.































碧峰峡(BiFengSha) is the largest breeding center for
Pandas in the world, and there were so many cute
Pandas!
Lydia who works for the 碧峰峡(BeiFengSha) Panda Base
showed us around. Thank you Lydia!!
From left to right, Pambassador Ashley, Lydia,
me and Sophie from Chengdu Panda Base.













Pambassador Yumiko Kajiwara