2010年12月6日月曜日

Vacation @ Chengdu Panda Base-18

Hello everyone!

Today, in the afternoon I went to the
no 14 Enclosure to take care of
幸浜(XingBang) and 秋浜(QiuBang).
As I called 幸浜(XingBang)'s name, he came skipping
towards me as usual! It's his favorite Panda Cake time!













"Are you ready to give me some Panda Cakes?"


















So I gave him his afternoon exercise.
The keeper Li Han told me that 幸浜(XingBang) is a
candidate for naxt years breeding program,
and in order to keep him fit and strong to be ready for
natural mating, they are going to give him excercise everyday!
WOW, to me 幸浜(XingBang) is still like a baby,
and I can't believe he is preparing to be a father!













幸浜(XingBang) is very strong and healthy,
he can stand up easily. This is not normal with every Pandas,
and some cannot stand up properly.
I am always so proud of him, and all the
tourists are happy to take pictures of 幸浜(XingBang)
when we are doing this activity.


















"HAHAHA, Yummy!!"
He looks so happy with his favorite
Panda Cakes. He closes his eyes to
enjoy the taste of the Panda Cake.


















"Can I have some more??"


















Look at his beautiful standing pose.


















"I can keep balance!"


















"And I can stand straight!"


















"I've had 4 Panda Cakes,
so is this all you have for me today?"


















"Then I'm going to sleep"













This is also 幸浜(XingBang)'s favorite spot.
He sleeps like this. I wonder if it's comfortable...













And like this.













This is 秋浜(QiuBang) in the afternoon.
As I have mentioned in my previous blog,
his door outside is broken, and the workers
have repaired it several times.
However, 秋浜(QiuBang) got so excited,
he broke it again, and the hole was much
bigger than last time!! I think he's planning to
escape some day, to search for his girlfriend.













Today the workers were fixing 秋浜(QiuBang)'s
inside enclosure too. No 14 is so old, and they need to
repair and fix many places.













秋浜(QiuBang) with his pretty face.
"HELLLLLLOOOOOOO!! Are you ready
to give me Panda Cakes? I heard that 幸浜(XingBang)
already had his!!"













"HAHAHA, Yummy!!"


















"Can I have some more??"


















"This is so good!! Delicious!!"




































The expression on his face makes me smile
every time. He is adorable!


















I have great news about 秋浜(QiuBang),
and I will let you know before I leave Chengdu on
DEC 10.

Pambassador Yumiko Kajiwara