2010年10月19日火曜日

Day 9 @ Chengdu Panda Base as Pambassador

Today, we arrived at the Chengdu Panda Base around 7:40.
Took pictures of the Baby Pandas! Cute!
The keepers are taking turns day and night to make sure that
they are safe.












The keeper is helping the baby to evacuate.
Baby panads need help from their mothers or keepers to
give them a massage to evacuate.
Tomorrow, I myself will be doing this for the
baby pandas!! At last I will be able to feel them in my hands.


















And this is 幸浜 in the morning.
He came to say Hi with his pretty expression on his face.












I cleaned the window for his enclosure.
He was playing with me from inside the window,
chasing the mop around as I wiped them. We were so close,
watching at each other.












"HaHa, that window cleaning game was fun!"












And then I held apples from outside his enclosure to give him some exersize.
"I want the apple but I don't want to go down to get it"












"Can I reach out for the apple from here without having to move?"


















"AHHH, a bit far, but I'm getting close, aren't I??"


















But after a while, he gave up and came down from the platform.
"I'm a good boy, and I'm exersizing and I'm even reaching out for the apples"












And he finally grabbed the apple with his hands to make sure he has it.












And the Panda Cake.
"Yummy!!"












" I am going to lick all the crumbs"


















"I'm full now, and I am going to take a nap"


















"Oh, but is everyone looking at me?
Should I wake up and show them how happy I am?"


















And this is today's 秋浜. He's laughing and saying Hi to me as usual.












And we weighed him this afternoon.
He was 130kg. We fed him apples
so that he can stay on the scale longer.
And we do this once a week.












Afterwards, we gave him his favorite Panda Cake


















Unfortunately, the bamboo shoot season is over,
and from today they will only have bamboo, Panda Cakes
and apples... My pandas were banging at the window
because of the stress that they don't have their favorite
bamboo shoot, but according to the keeper this will end in
a couple of days. The amount of feces and color has changed
today, and they will have to deal with it until the
next bamboo shoot season comes.

Pambassador Yumiko Kajiwara