2010年10月22日金曜日

Day 11 and 12 @ Chengdu Panda Base as Pambassador

On October 20th in the afternoon, I had a second chance
to play with the 1 year old cubs in their enclosures.
I had 1 hour to stay with 4 of them
to enjoy the most wonderful moment of my life!!!
(I suppose I've been using this expression too many times
since I came to Chengdu,... but true!!)













She probablly thought I was a panda!












They were so strong!!!












Biting on my boots!












Sometimes calm so that we could take pictures together












And looking through the camera lense












I was exhausted but excited at the same time!
You can see one of them playing with their toys behind us












Some were quiet and calm, licking her hands all the time


















Heavy and flexible! Doing her Kung-Fu pose


















This is Susan, from the organization.
She is helping us a lot through this whole Project.
Nothing could have been the same without her.
REALLY TRULY she is just incredible!!
Thanks for everything Susan!












This is Qu Jing, awesome beautiful Chinese girl who works for the
Panda Base. She is smart, and does all the arrangements
for us in this Chengdu Panda Base.
Thanks Qu Jing for listening to our requests everyday!!













And today 21st October, we had other things to do all day.
In the morning, the 6 Pambassadors visited 6 Pandas that
we were taking care of,  and introduced our
Star Pandas to share our experience we have had for the past few weeks.
We got to see what the others had been doing, and it was
interesting to see the different characters for each Pandas.
Experts gave us each scores and did a brief review on
our speech.
In the afternoon, we did a free tour guide, introducing our Pandas
to the tourists that came to visit our enclosures.
I had the chance to share my experience to the Japanese,
Western, and Chinese tourists. They were very much interested
in Pandas, and I was happy to introduce MY Japanese Pandas
to everyone. 幸浜(Xin Bang) was a good boy this afternoon,
and the tourists seemed to love him!! He is a great entertainer.

In the evening all the 6 Pambassadors did a speech about
what we had learned for the past few weeks, and about the
conservation of Pandas and the nature. There were more than 10 experts,
and we also talked about what we would like to do on our last week in
Chengdu Panda Base.

I have been spending the most emotional moments of my life,
and I am grateful for all the wonderful opportunity that the organization and
Chengdu Panda Base has given us.

We also had a night tour in Chengdu Panda Base today,
which I would like to write in another occasion. Observing Pandas at night
is one of the things I have wanted to do for a long time.

Tomorrow, I will update information about the Japanese Pandas,
雄浜(Xiong Bang)、隆浜(Lon Bang)、秋浜(Qiu Bang) and 幸浜(Xin Bang).

Pambassador Yumiko Kajiwara