2012年1月8日日曜日

RyuHin(隆浜),KouHin(幸浜)and ErXi(二喜)@ CRBGPB

This morning, I went to take care of YaYa
at the Sunshine Nursery. YaYa was enjoying
her bamboo with ErXi and other 2010 born cubs
when I arrived early this morning.













ErXi smells the leaves before he eats them,
although I have a feeling that he doesn't quite
understand what he is doing. He's probably just
trying to copy what YaYa does.



















"Hi Yumi, how are you today?
I'm happy to be with YaYa,
she teaches me everything I need to know,
like climbing trees, eating bamboo
and how to play with my friends!"



















ErXi waved his bamboo to show off that
he has something very interesting.



















He closed his eyes to enjoy the taste of
fresh bamboo. (again, I'm not sure
if he really knows how good it tastes)
The pandas at Chengdu Panda Base are
really lucky because they can have
fresh bamboo everyday. There are many
mountains around Suchuan province
full of nature, and tons of them arrive
fresh everyday.



















ErXi has beautiful white teeth.
It looks like he had braces.



















All the 2010 born cubs have their favorite tree.
They squash into their favorite spot to take a nap,
sometimes pushing their friends away.
I can almost hear them saying
"Hey, I was here first! Don't push!!"



















Here is a picture of toys for the 2011 born cubs.
The tiny cubs love playing with toys and are curious
with everything they see.













After doing my keepers job at the Sunshine Nursery,
I went to see KouHin(幸浜).
He was sleeping in the distance, but as soon as
I called his name in Japanese,  he came rushing
towards me as usual.













"Hello Yumi, can I have something to eat?
Is it time for panda cakes?"













As soon as he realized that I don't have
any food with me today,
he went away to eat fresh bamboo.
Sorry KouHin, I'll make sure to bring
something good for you next time!



















I went to take care of RyuHin (隆浜)
in the afternoon. He was fast asleep
when I arrived.



















We called him inside to feed him his favorite apples,
and to my surprise, he came inside immediately!
We gave him apples and then gave him a shower to clean him,
then called him outside again so that we could feed him
with fresh bamboo.
"Can I have some bamboo?"













"PLEASE?"













He tried to climb the walls to come close to me.



















RyuHin was very happy with his fresh bamboo.



















He has some fur missing on his right ear.
Could it be from a few years ago when
RyuHin's twin younger brother ShuHin (秋浜)
pulled out his fur?  RyuHin looks special
because he has some fur missing on his
black eyepatches.



















He bites a big mouth full of bamboo leaves.
RyuHin doesn't eat panda cakes, but instead
he eats a lot of bamboo.



















This is my favorite angle.
He looks like his father EiMei(永明)in
Adventure World Shirahama.



















French Pambassador David arrived this evening,
and we will go to the Panda Base tomorrow together.

Pambassador Yumiko Kajiwara