2012年1月7日土曜日

MeiLan, KeBi, ShuLan, Sunshine Nursery and KouHin @ CRBGPB

Today was my second day at the Chengdu Panda Base
and I was lucky to see MeiLan awake this time!
MeiLan was taking a nap in the afternoon,
but soon he woke up and started to eat fresh bamboo.
"Hello all my fans around the world, I'm doing fine here in Chengdu!"
He reacted very well when the keeper called his name
with a Chinese (Sichuan) accent.



















"Many people think I'm always sleeping,
but there are times that I am awake if you watch me carefully!"



















He was excited with his fresh bamboo and lied down to enjoy the rest.













KeBi who lives next doors to MeiLan
woke up as well when we went to feed him with
his favorite panda cakes.



















He also lied down to enjoy fresh bamboo.













KeBi seemed to be happy covered all over with bamboo.













He suddenly stood up and found an extra panda cake
that was hidden underneeth his fresh bamboo.













KeBi never lies down when he eats panda cakes.
He sits down so that he can run away from his
enemies at any time.(Although he doesn't actually
have to be aware of enemies here at Panda Base...)













ShuLan lives next doors to KeBi,
and she enjoyed her afternoon snack too.
ShuLan is MeiMei's twin sister who passed away
in 2008 in Adventure World Shirahama.



















"I can eat apples and panda cakes at the same time!"



















ErXi was enjoying bamboo with YaYa.
It's amazing how easily he can break bamboo
so that he could eat all the leaves he can.
Last time I was in Chengdu, he was still having
difficulty eating bamboo which shows how
strong he has become in the past few months.






































"Everyone says that I look more like my
father ShuHin! Do you agree with this?"
To me he looks like tiny ShuHin and he
reminds me of ShuHin when he was young.



















I love watching him with such a happy face!



















All seven of the 2010 born cubs are spending time with
YaYa. YaYa is taking great care of them.
She is such a great mother.


























KouHin was eating bamboo when I went to see him,
but as soon as I called out his name in Japanese, he got too excited
and showed me his joy with his cute little dance.
And I was sooooo happy that I missed taking pictures of him!
I'll try again tomorrow!













Pambassador Yumiko Kajiwara