2011年4月29日金曜日

隆浜 Long Bang and Young Cubs enclosure@Chengdu Panda Base

Hello everyone!

Today was my first day at Chengdu Panda Base.
Now it is mating season for the Giant Pandas,
and the keepers are busy taking care of Pandas
and tourists. The Chinese National holiday starts
from 30 April to 2 May, and there are so many
tourists at this season.

However, it is not the "best season" for Pandas
because it is too hot here in Chengdu.
As many people know, Giant Pandas are animals
that live high up in the mountains. They are
very active during winter with snow
and the cold weather, but during summer time
they are very quiet and do not move much.

At lunch time, 隆浜 Long Bang
(Japan born) was eating bamboo
in his inside enclosure.
Most of the Pandas stay outside for
a few hours in the morning, and stay
inside for the rest to keep cool.














"HAHA, I love bamboo!"
Long Bang doesn't eat much Panda cakes,
and he prefers bamboo. It is good
for his health because usually wild pandas
eat lots of bamboo every day.
He is 103kg, a little bit small for his age,
but he is healthy and is preparing for mating.
I wonder who will be his future wife.














His white eyepatches makes him look charming!














"Woops, do I know you?"


























"Am I beautiful?"

































This is one of my favorite angles!
LongBang has beautiful fan shaped ears.
He is the son of 永明(Yong Ming) in
Adventure World Shirahama.















































In the afternoon, I went to the
Young Cubs enclosure where the 4 Pandas
QiQi, ZhiZhi, WenLi (known as DaDa)
and YaLi (Known as Xiao Xiao)
born in 2009 are being taken great
care of by Mr. Tang, one of my
favorite keepers.
On the left is QiQi, right is ZhiZhi.
(I don't know who it is lying down in the front...)














QiQi enjoying bamboo shoot.
Now she weighs more than 40kg!
Last year when we were doing activities
at Panda Base as Pambassadors,
we were able to go inside, take care and
play with them. Now we cannot go inside.
They are growing so fast!














YaLi got so excited and
started to climb the bar.




















The four have moved to the Young Cub's enclosure
a few days ago, and the keeper Mr. Tang
can already recognize each one!
When he calls their names, the Pandas
come to say Hi.


















During my 2 weeks stay,
I will take care of XingBang, Long Bang,
2010 borns (ErXi and six more), MeiLan and others.
I will upload as much pictures as I can.
My activity starts from 1 May, so stay tuned!

Pambassador Yumiko Kajiwara