2011年3月15日火曜日

Beautiful Pandas @ Wakayama Adventure World 2011 March 11, 12

On March 11th 2011,
a massive scale earthquake of
magnitude 9.0 occurred off the
Pacific coast of Tohoku area,
and tsunami hit hard along from
Sanriku to Ibaraki coast.


Thanks to everyone who have
tried to contact me to see if
I was safe. Japan is still in the
middle of confusion with threat
of nuclear and all, but the citizens
have effort towards
recovery of the country.
I pray for the people who are
having hard times around the area,
and hope that the terrible disaster
will not happen again.

I was in Wakayama Adventure World
just at the time of the earthquake.
We were lucky that the earthquake
nor tsunami hit this area.
The three Giant Pandas,
永明(Ei Mei),梅梅(Mei Mei)
and  良浜(Rau Hin)
were to be prized from the governor
for the great contribution of
reproduction, and for promoting
Wakayama to the world this day,
and as Pambassador, I was there
to see the special moment.
Unfortunately the event had been
canceled because of the earthquake
and I feel it was the best decision
for everyone involved in the project.
I hope that the Pandas will have another
occasion to meet the governor.

Today I would like to upload some
pictures that I took on March 11 and 12.
I was planning to leave Wakayama
on the 11th, but the plane was
canceled and I had to stay there
for another day.
In the morning I stayed in
my hotel room because there was
an alert for tsunami around the
Wakayama Shirahama area.
In the afternoon I became
worried about the Pandas in
Adventure World, so I decided to
go see them  by myself rather than
staying in my hotel. I hope that
everyone could at least enjoy
the pictures and movies of Pandas at
Adventure World. And to see that
the Pandas here had no effect
from the earthquake.

This is 海浜(Kai Hin) and
陽浜(You Hin) drinking milk
in the morning of March 11.


This is 永明(Ei Mei), eating his
favorite bamboo.
Lying down as usual...
This is one of my favorite
behaviors of Ei Mei.














Compared to the dynamic way
Pandas eat, the way they drink
is very quiet.
They sip water in a calm way.














This is 良浜(Rau Hin) eating bamboo.
Rau Hin has a round cute face.
It is interesting to see that
most of her sons have the
resemblance of their father Ei Mei,
and the daughters have a round
face just like 梅梅(Mei Mei) and Rau Hin.




















The expression on her face
is calm and kind. Is it because
she is happy to be the mother
of beautiful twins?














"I need lots of bamboo
so that I can feed my twins!"
The twins live on their
mother's milk and artificial
panda milk at the moment,
and Rau Hin needs
lots of nutrition to produce
milk every day.














Whenever Rau Hin tries to
concentrate eating,
the twins come to interrupt her.
"Mummy, let's play together!!!"














When Rau Hin is not in the
mood to play with them,
the twins copy their mother
and play with bamboo.
This is 陽浜(You Hin).














"What? Is everyone watching me??"














This is 海浜(Kai Hin) smelling bamboo.
"I don't know why mummy does this,
but I'm copying what my mom does.!














You Hin got bored playing alone,
and she comes to play with Kai Hin.














This is Rau Hin nursing You Hin on March 11.





At the end of the day,
Rau Hin, Kai Hin and You Hin
goes to the back yard.
This is one of the twins saying
"Bye for today!" to us with
a cute face.














明浜(Mei Hin) is alone,
enjoying thick bamboo stem.
As we hear the crunchy
noise of Mei Hin eating,
it makes us feel that
bamboo is so delicious.














He peels the outside
carefully and only eats
the inside.






















































This is 梅浜(Mei Hin)'s
favorite spot. She eats
bamboo on the slide.




















永浜(Ei Hin) smells the
bamboo carefully to make sure
that he chooses the best
and delicious part to eat.









































Pambassador Yumiko Kajiwara